Topic: Website Design Change (Themes, Colors, Glows)

Posted
by Mike
Mike
joined
posted

What do you think? I've already received an angry mail by a member threatening to leave if I don't change it back to a white background. Well, I don't respond well to blackmail, and if you feel you have to leave because the website is changing too fast, as much as I'd hate to see you go, please do if you must.

But instead, my preference would be that we talk openly about the changes. I can certainly add a switch to the preferences which turns off the cover art derived colors on the release pages, for example.

bartyMJ
joined
posted

As someone who tends to use dark mode for things where possible, I quite like it

Mike
joined
posted , edited

^ All the new design changes work in both light and dark mode - but yes, I also prefer dark mode, it looks cooler. During the day I prefer everything switching back to light mode though, meaning my entire computer. Everything should switch, which is also why I wrote the dark mode ProgArchives forum browser extensions. It was the only thing left that kept refusing dark mode at night ;)

Mike
joined
posted

And so it is done! There's now an "Appearance" tab in the preferences where you can select a theme (the new purple default, the old blue, a new monochrome theme, and an advent of code inspired theme (I love the ASCII styling)). Additionally (and independently) you can also toggle the release page theming and the colour glow effects.

What do you think?

rushfan4
joined
posted

I like the purple theme. It looks pretty cool.

❤️ 1
You need to sign in to post replies.