Topic: Recommended Releases

Posted
bartyMJ
joined
posted

Hi Mike, just interested in how the Recommended Releases page functions at the moment. Currently it's giving me 426 of them - quite a lot more than is useful really! How are they being generated? It did briefly jump over 500 before coming back down again. Is there any order to them?

Mike
joined
posted , edited

Good question! I’ll check on the implementation, it’s been a while. Will add an accurate description on the page.

bartyMJ
joined
posted

No worries! Just FYI, seems now to have dropped 25 or so (to 395) without me doing anything/much

Mike
joined
posted

The recommendations are based on your ratings, so they will definitely change whenever you rate something.

bartyMJ
joined
posted

Mike, thanks for the explainer on the recommendations page - I had noticed my recommendations were exclusively in a 7 year window and wondered if I was doing something to cause that but good to know that it is just how the function works based on recent albums. Understand why it would be less reliable for things further in the past that generally haven't been rated often on this site.

Mike
joined
posted

This code is relatively old ... I'll re-work it in the coming weeks, but currently that's low priority because it works reasonably well.

bartyMJ
joined
posted

Yes, does the job well enough for sure!

You need to sign in to post replies.