Topic: Development Rush done, Feature Freeze coming up ...

Posted
by Mike
Mike
joined
posted , edited

It's been an incredible summer - I made so many changes in such a short amount of time. I'm sorry about the confusion this must cause for you, the users.

I did all this because I saw a unique window of opportunity that was too good to ignore, before my day job commitments ramp up again.

All in all though, the foundations of the website still work as they used to. The rating tiers are back to their initial wording. These are the most important changes regarding the overall structure:

  • Login with codes or password, guest users
  • The "queue", as a release status, became a separate way to "bookmark" releases
  • The "anticipitation" level became more meaningful
  • Playlist entries became just "plays"
  • Videos can now be rated, played and reviewed ("blurbed")
  • Release cover art can be uploaded (preferably after other proper sources, like links to Musicbrainz or ProgArchives, are exhausted)
  • Tracks and Videos can be ranked ("polls" were renamed to "rankings")
  • Duplicate artists and releases can now easily be merged by admins
  • Adding artists and releases has new deduplication functionality
  • Tracklists can be imported from Musicbrainz AND discogs
  • More external services added as release links (e.g. Qobuz, Tidal)
  • New website theme, icons and layout, more mobile friendly (cards instead of tables)
  • Comprehensive site statistics and a leaderboard mechanism
  • Improvements in the forum
  • A "wiki" page explaining all the concepts
  • PNG export of various statistics and lists for PA forum users
  • PA user account linking

And a lot more. Like I said, sorry for the frantic pace. From next week on the pace will slow down a lot, and we (I) will focus more on what we actually are here for - the music.

Let me know which of these changes you liked the most, and which ones you hate! I'll try to make it work for everyone.

❤️ 1
You need to sign in to post replies.