Topic: Prog Status for Prog releases

Posted
by Mike
Mike
joined
posted

Today I received this anonymous comment:

“A band with the word "Prog" proudly in its name was found in the pulldown menu "Only releases without prog status". I wondered about that.”

Thanks for the feedback! I am interpreting this as someone being annoyed about a prog band not being listed as Prog. Well, this was about the Samurai of Prog. It is a band I have often wondered about, but I have never found any music of them online. So even if I wanted to, it is impossible for me to comment on their prog status. This is a community-driven website. So if you see a band that is not tagged correctly, please log in and correct that by adding your opinion.

And just to state the obvious, no, we will not give a band Prog status just because they have the word “Prog” in their name ;)

yamyam
joined
posted

Just two of The Samurai of Prog's albums are on all the major streaming platforms - 2011's "Undercover" and 2013's "Secrets of Disguise". The 2017 album "On We Sail" is on Melodic Revolution's Bandcamp: https://melodicrevolutiondistro.bandcamp.com/album/on-we-sail. The rest of them seem to be exclusively available, only as CDs, via Record Shop X: https://www.recordshopx.com/v2/search/?q=samurai+of+prog. It comes across as a very strange project indeed, with a guy named Marco Bernard at the helm: https://www.facebook.com/thesamuraiofprog.

Mike
joined
posted

If any of you are more familiar with their discography, please feel free to assign prog status across the discography via drag and drop:

https://awesomeprog.com/artists/10911/edit

You need to sign in to post replies.