Topic: New User? Welcome to Awesome Prog!

Posted
by Mike
Mike
joined
posted

Yesterday two new users joined. That's awesome! AP used to have a lot of users about 20 years ago, then user activity dwindled, and now it seems to ramp up again. Nice!

If you have recently joined this website, feel free to drop in here and say hi! What brought you here, what do you think about the website now that you've tried out some features? Any feedback is appreciated :-)

Mike
joined
posted

One other angle with this post, other than getting to know new users, is to find out whether they might be troll accounts. Which I think some of them are! In some way that's a good sign, since it shows that someone deems this website important enough to try to manipulate ratings. But of course it also means that I need to look into how to harden the website against abuse.

I have some ideas about that, and I'd like to do something that's innovative and differs from how other websites handle it. Stay tuned :-)

Fercandio46
joined
posted
Hi Mike and everyone—I started out on AP last year by filling out a survey and trying to do it right, and then I found myself frequently uploading album info for the voting rounds as part of the JR/F team. That’s how I got more familiar with the site and discovered new releases I hadn't known about before. I’m learning more every day and hope to improve soon!
I love that there’s all kinds of music here, so I don't get pigeonholed!
❤️ 3
Rivertree
joined
posted

^welcome aboard, Fercandio!

👍 1
Mike
joined
posted

Welcome! 🙂

👍 1
You need to sign in to post replies.