Topic: VPN?

Posted
by Deleted Account
anonymous user
posted

I can't use a VPN anymore on this site, it seems. Whatever you're using for verification fails now when connected to a VPN, It's been failing on mobile for some months now too

also, why doesn't the site log me out of my account when i exit the browser, like every other site? i literally save no history and clear all cookies on exit. hell even youtube refreshes on a new browser session...

Mike
joined
posted

^ Most other websites keep you logged in as well, including YouTube. At least that is my experience. As for VPNs, I am not doing any specific checks. The website is hosted on Vercel, they might be doing checks which are completely transparent to me.

Mike
joined
posted

Ah - you might be relying on the cookies deletion for logging out. That does not work for AP, since we are not using cookies for keeping login state. You will be logged out if you clear the local storage (for AP). If you are REALLY paranoid about privacy, you should look into how you can do that for all websites.

anonymous user
posted

it's not that I'm paranoid about privacy, but I'm i use a vpn to get away from geoblocking and network restrictions, and I'll run this site simultaneously, which i now can't do anymore

anonymous user
posted

it's not that I'm paranoid about privacy, but I'm i use a vpn to get away from geoblocking and network restrictions, and I'll run this site simultaneously, which i now can't do anymore

Mike
joined
posted

What do you mean by "simultaneously" ... use a VPN for some websites, but not for others?

You need to sign in to post replies.