Topic: Features & Improvements

Posted
by Mike
  • 21-30 of 30
Fercandio46
joined
posted
I was thinking that maybe we could add the vibraphone to the list of instruments; after all, several classic bands use it—as do many newer ones—and it has enough of a distinct character to set it apart from general percussion. What do you think?
Mike
joined
posted

Yes, of course! I have just added the vibraphone.

👍 1
rushfan4
joined
posted

In the same vein, I had previously asked about adding "Acoustic Bass" to the instruments. When I listen to acoustic albums with bass, I always rate the electric bass, but it seems kind of silly and that there should be an acoustic bass as well. Or maybe it should just be guitars and bass, instead of electric and acoustic. Anyhow, just a thought.

The other one that I had thought about was the clarinet. I don't see those too often, but once in a while. And for those marching band listening days, we could use some Tuba. LOL. I can't remember which band that I was listening to rather recently, but they did have a tuba player.

Mike
joined
posted

Sure, I added the tuba and the acoustic bass. We already have the clarinet, there's quite a few prog bands that have one (late King Crimson being the prime example).

rushfan4
joined
posted

Was that a fairly recent change? I don't remember seeing that before. In the past, when I looked for clarinet, all that I saw was the clavinet.

Mike
joined
posted

^ "relatively" recent: two years ago ;-)

rushfan4
joined
posted

I guess that I haven't looked for clarinet in a while then. LOL

Mike
joined
posted

^ Well, you're listening to so many releases, only a tiny fraction of them features the clarinet.

rushfan4
joined
posted

I am curious if I am understanding what my answers should be with your new feature of choosing the device. Most of the time I am listening to music using my phone. Of course, with the power of Bluetooth, I listen to the music on my phone either directly, with a smart speaker, with my stereo, or in my car. I also have some Bluetooth headphones that I use. It seems like my answer to the device should be my phone, but should I be choosing the device that I am hearing the music from instead of where the device where the music is originating from?

Mike
joined
posted

^ Good point! Will create a few more variations, like "Car via Bluetooth".

  • 21-30 of 30
You need to sign in to post replies.