Topic: Top Releases Charts / Recommendation Mode

Posted
bartyMJ
joined
posted

Used to use the ProgArchives top albums charts to pick out something new to listen to (e.g. something from the 70s I'd not rated yet). But more often than not now, assigned personal ratings don't show up in the search which makes it tricky.

The top releases charts on this site are a great solution to this, particularly the Recommendation Mode which means no need to scroll through an ever increasing list of known music, the new stuff is right there at the top for you.

Thanks Mike :-)

Potential minor tweak for extra usefulness (if its easy enough to do), similar to above, how possible would it be to add to the year-based filter to select either a decade or a range of years? I'm guessing things like multiple genres/sub-genres are a little harder given the filters are an AND rather than OR function?

Mike
joined
posted

You're welcome, I'm glad the chart page is useful to you.

I should spend some time on improving the new version (labelled "Beta"), but there's so much else to do so I've down-prioritized it.

For the "old" version there is a way to filter for year ranges by manipulating the url:

https://awesomeprog.com/chart?years=2010-2019&prog=prog&types=lp%2Cep (the 2010s)

bartyMJ
joined
posted

Noted, thanks Mike! If only I had a brain for such things, I'd offer to help, but I would absolutely break everything. Wrong type of engineer...

You need to sign in to post replies.