| Mike joined | |
|---|---|
I've noticed that some of you often mention tracks in your blurbs and reviews, but you're not rating them. May I ask why? I built the track ratings for exactly that purpose, to show the viewer/reader which tracks are better or worse ... | |
| bartyMJ joined | |
I'm generally reviewing at a very basic 'high level' but occasionally can point to specific tracks as highlights, or at least good examples of something I mention in a blurb. I think if I was to rate each track I'd need to be confident that I've given all of them enough attention to have something to say about each one, and being honest that's generally not the case. I can say sometimes that a couple of the tracks on an album are the better ones but haven't listened or thought about it enough to be specific about where they all are in relation to each other, and am usually just thinking about how good an album is as one whole rather than its parts. | |
| Mike joined | |
^ Thanks for the feedback! It's a valid reason, I also think that rating the tracks is probably something we can do after several listens. On first listen, something I sometimes do is to rate my 1-2 favorite tracks on the album. | |
| bartyMJ joined | |
I guess I've also thought that if I assign a rating to a track I should be doing so for them all, but maybe if it's ok to give favourites a bump I will try and do that occasionally. Just requires some extra brain power! |