Topic: Zio Crocifisso

Posted
bartyMJ
joined
posted , edited

Minor query on how the album(s?) for this band are categorised.

Firstly though, Campana di Legno is duplicated (https://awesomeprog.com/releases/70748 & https://awesomeprog.com/releases/71975).

Then the less simple bit. That is listed as an LP, and this year's release "Campana di Legno + Trappola per Topi" is listed as a compilation.

The first one is only 33 minutes long and their Bandcamp page lists it as an EP (https://ziocrocifisso.bandcamp.com/album/campana-di-legno-trappola-per-topi) so that is probably more accurate. I think this was probably done retrospectively.

The 'compilation' can be argued as an LP... the 'original' tracks are reworked a little and are all different lengths and in a different order, and the new stuff as far as I know is genuinely new and not released before.

Mike
joined
posted

I should probably be more polite, but both as a database designer and musician I sometimes really get annoyed by the idiotic things bands do when it comes to releases and their promotion ;-)

I deleted the duplicate entry and made the other one an EP.

As for the "compilation" vs studio release: RYM modelled it exactly like we had it here. In this special case I went along with the band and made it an LP. Ideally though, as a principle on this website, we don't want any duplicate content in the LP/EP section, so no compilations and no re-releases.

bartyMJ
joined
posted

Yep makes sense... An odd one isn't it, and yes agreed bands doing random things is a pain in the bum! :D

You need to sign in to post replies.