| anonymous user | |
|---|---|
I see Marty Friedman as a member of Megadeth on this site, how could I add other members to other bands? I want to put Yossi Sassi on Orphaned Land. Also, why is there a trashcan unicode symbol next to band members? | |
| anonymous user | |
also speaking of Yossi Sassi and Marty Friedman, here they are together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LOy9vB8xAg they did some studio stuff together, too: https://yossisassi.bandcamp.com/track/the-routine https://yossisassi.bandcamp.com/track/mayim-mayim-ft-marty-friedman | |
| Mike joined | |
Whoops, that trashcan should not be there. The UI to manage these links is still a bit wonky, so currently only I can use them. I'll add Yossi Sassi for you. Is he a band member on all their releases? Edit: I guess so. Would it be fair to say that Orphaned Land is his project? | |
| anonymous user | |
no it's not his project, Yossi left in 2014 and was replaced with Idan Amsalem (though he still performs with the band on retro shows, eg when they played Sahara in its entirety live last year). Orphaned Land is the project of Kobi Fari and Uri Zelcha who recruited Yossi Sassi in 1992 with a poster ad. But it was Yossi who really gave the band its sound and made them a pioneer of "ethnic metal," so his impact on the band is immeasurable. He has played on all releases until 2014, so everything except UPaDM, A Heaven You May Create, and Kna'an. | |
| Mike joined | |
Done! |