Topic: Thanks for including my album, but is it prog?

Posted
User #10352
joined
posted

Hi. I have just discovered that my album, Ingen tvivl (2024), has been added to this site (https://awesomeprog.com/releases/75989).

I am of course very honoured to see my album here, but I am also a bit confused. The site name Awsomeprog suggests that this is a prog site, but I am not sure if my music would count as prog (I associate the term with the likes of Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Dream Theater, Opeth etc.).

If anything, a song like "5:18" probably has some krautrock influences, and I know some count krautrock as prog, but otherwise I'd say the main genre is singer/songwriter. Then there are influences from many different styles, such as electronica, rock and folk...

User #10352
joined
posted

Oh, I see I have been registered as an anonymous user, but I am indeed the artist behind said album.

Mike
joined
posted , edited

Welcome! You can set your user name at https://awesomeprog.com/profile/edit if you prefer not to be anonymous :-)

As we explain on the home page as well as the about page, this website is primarily, but not exclusively, for prog music. The users assign the prog status to releases as they see fit, so we'll see how your release will eventually be listed. Could also be prog-adjacent.

anonymous user
posted

Yeah, did you know that Mike temporarily renamed this site to "TagYourMusic" because he wanted to prevent confusion regarding the site not being a database exclusively for prog music heh

Mike
joined
posted

Yes, I still wish there was a better name that is less prog centric, but all the really good domain names are already reserved or in use. I do like AwesomeProg though.

anonymous user
posted

i like the new notification icon btw, it's more sleek

Mike
joined
posted

^ It's an improvement, but still not really nice. CSS can be a pain ...

You need to sign in to post replies.